Kindly note the site is under upgrade maintenance. No transactions will be accepted until tomorrow morning at 8am.
For emergencies go to contact tab.
Frequently Asked Questions
EmptyTrips is an independent intermodal online marketplace which instantly connects carriers to shippers allowing them to book, auction, manage, store & insure freight instantly.
||Do you have to pay to use EmptyTrips?
No, there are no sign up costs or subscription fees when joining EmptyTrips. We take a small service fee only on ACCEPTANCE of a sale which is 6% shared equally between the carrier & the shipper of 3% each.
||What type of trucks are accepted at EmptyTrips?
EmptyTrips accepts all types of haulage trucks subject to our compliance requirements listed below.
||What are the carrier vetting requirements in order to be accepted onto the marketplace?
- Carriers need to be a registered entity for a min of one year & in accordance must supply proof thereof depending on local country (ie. CIPC documents for RSA companies)
- Carriers need to provide proof of liability insurance cover
- Carriers need to supply proof of banking details
- Carriers need to supply proof of VAT documents
- Carries must have at least three trucks within their fleet in order to qualify
||What is the quality assurance & accountability for transporters bad service?
Our transporters have to abide by our terms & conditions. Should they fail to do so we have a three strikes policy in which they are blacklisted from our platform.
||When do the carriers get paid?
Once carriers have completed delivery, they will upload the signed delivery note & invoice into their online dashboard. Once the required documentation has been received by EmptyTrips & authorisation released by the shipper, carriers are paid within 48 hours.
||What types of consignments are we transporting?
We focus on bulk commodity type cargo, such as; containerised cargo, bulk, break bulk, dry bulk & liquid cargo.
||How do I get in touch if I have a problem?
- If I have a problem with navigating the platform?
You can contact us through our chat box on our website, via email at email@example.com or telephonically 081 523 2525 & one of our friendly staff members will happily assist you.
- If I have a problem with my carrier?
- You will contact your carrier directly in the following instances:
- Your carrier has not arrived by the specified collection time.
- If you would like track & tracing or follow up regarding your cargo's progress.
- You will contact your account manager at EmptyTrips if you were not happy with the level of service received by one of our Carriers, you can also rate your carrier once a delivery has been completed.
- If your cargo has been damaged due to negligence you will need to obtain a full report from your carrier & they will need to claim from insurance for both damaged cargo & transport costs.
- In the event of fire, theft, hijacking & over turn we highly recommend that you opt in for insurance (SureFOX). In such instances you will need to contact the underwriter directly as per your insurance certificate.
||Can I insure my cargo through EmptyTrips?
Yes, you can insure your cargo through EmptyTrips, once you have checked out a pop up will appear asking if you would like to add cargo insurance. Alternatively, you can purchase the insurance as a stand-alone product though SureFOX. It is easy, quick, smart & secure. As soon as payment has been made, you will instantly receive your insurance certificate via email.
||Is EmptyTrips a broker?
No, we are a marketplace platform that on boards carriers & shippers allowing you to trade either available capacity or cargo, matching the two on a need basis.
||What is the cancelation & refund policy?
A shipper/carrier/agent may cancel the trip within 12 hours of purchase & receive a full refund, however whichever party cancels the trip will be liable for payment transaction fees.
||How do I make contact & communicate with my transporter?
Once the shipper has made payment you will automatically receive your commercial invoice & consignment note containing all of your transporter's direct contact details.
||How do I make payments, & is it secure?
You can make payment through our secure payment gateway in the following ways:
- Instant EFT
- Credit/debit card payments
- Manual EFT
- Direct debit account: This is only applicable if you qualify for a 31 day direct debit account